Friday 20 May 2011

Spontaneity of Singledom

Well I have to say peeps I’ve definitely turned a corner this weekend. I think all the text messages with random facts that I received on Thursday really helped. I had forgotten how many wonderful and caring friends I had in my life and somehow it made me realise that men may come and go but you guys are forever!

I also learnt a few things, some historical, some hysterical, and ofcause some people had to lower the tone but I expect nothing less! Made me giggle and cheered me right up.

I had a surreal weekend, Friday night was out for dinner with my mate Dean, who was lovely and made me laugh. He is also the only person who got to meet John so could give me an honest opinion about the whole thing. In a nutshell think I’m better off out of that one! He also lent me a book called Shantaram – 930 pages true life story (should see me through the summer!). Am finding it very inspirational, lots of references to India and the culture there which is interesting.

Saturday was an easy work day and I got to go home at 3.45 – whoop whoop!

Had a spontaneous night out with one of my besties, was feeling very confident and flirty – even the discovery of a white pubic hair earlier in the day didn’t dampen my mood! I pulled a 28 yr old from Portsmouth out on a stag dooo. Bless him he even showed up at Bar Med at the end of the night and asked me back to his hotel! Said he’d make me breakfast in the morning. I didn’t go though - had sobered up a bit by then! All I could think was I don’t want sex & breakfast, I’d rather have a chicken burger n chips and my own bed tonight!

This could also have had something to do with the fact I'd bumped into a 40 yr old eligible bachelor on the way to Bar Med, who even though on my facebook I've never really spoken to on there. I hadn't really paid any attention to him previously mainly because he really liked one of my friends, but as she's no longer a friend (of mine or his incidently) that barrier  including the passage of time was all the encouragement I needed!

He told me my fb status’ are legendary! I was really chuffed and may be a bit drunk cos I quite fancied him even though he is blonde!

All in all a pretty awesome weekend! Spontaneity at its best!
Quote of the weekend was “He’s a bit white isn’t he?” (Thank you to my bestie for making me laugh).

No comments:

Post a Comment